存钱罐 分享到:
Petty cash jar 2013-07-3122724

双击原文单词查看解释

This is the team’s petty cash jar, also known as, my coffee money.
这是组里的零钱罐,也就是我的咖啡基金。
But lately, someone else is taking money out of the jar.
但是最近,有其他人从罐里拿钱。
That ain’t right.
不可以!
Hey kevin, you wanted to see me?
Kevin,你找我?
Oh hey mike, take a seat.
Mike,坐。
Sure, what’s up?
嗯,什么事?
Listen, it has come to my attention, that the petty cash jar just doesn’t add up.
听着,有件事引起了我的注意,组里的零钱罐数字对不上。
Really?Like…someone’s been stealing?
真的啊?那…有人从里面偷钱?
I’m pretty sure, Mike.
十分确定以及肯定。
Listen, I think of you as my right-hand man.
我把你当成我的得力助手。
So, go and find out what happened to the money.
你去找出钱跑哪儿去了。
I will be needing a team leader soon, it’s kinda between you and Yang Lin.
我准备任命一个组长,不是你就是杨琳。
Say no more, Kevin.I got this handled.I’m your man.
啥都别多说了。这事儿交给我了。你放心吧。
Playing detective?That is right up my alley.
当督查?简直是我的菜。
I can do this.Professionally.And the trap is set.
我完全可以做得。专业无比。陷阱设好了。
Have a seat, Miss Yang.
杨小姐,坐。
What is this place?It gives me the creeps.
什么鬼地方啊?吓死人了。
What’s so important that you can’t tell me over the phone?
什么重要的事你不能在电话里说?
You should know why you are down here.
你该知道你为什么在这儿。
I suggest you just come clean.
我建议你就老实交待吧。
Wait…come clean?You’d better cut this crap.I’ve got work to do.
老实交待? 你最好不要糊弄我。我还要做事呢。
Just sit, Miss Yang.
坐下,杨小姐!
Give it to you straight, someone has been stealing money from the petty cash jar.
直说,有人偷了组里的钱。
Someone? Who?Wait…me?
有人?谁啊?等一下…我?
Are you accusing me of stealing money?
你控告我偷钱?
I need to talk to my lawyer, this is insane.
我要叫我的律师来,什么东西啊。
Can I borrow your phone?
呃,电话借用一下?
A witness saw you at the scene of the crime yesterday, at 2 p.m.,EST.
有目击者看见你昨天在案发现场出现,时间是美国东部下午两点。
Crime scene? Witness?
案发现场?目击者?
Detective Mike, I hate to burst your bubble, but unless you can prove that I actually took the money from the jar.
迈督查,我实在不想打碎你的幻想,但是除非你能证明我真的拿了钱。
Excese me.Please, please don’t turn me in.I’m begging you.
您稍等。不要举报我啊。求求你~
Here comes the confession!My promotion is in the bag.
有人坦白从宽了!升职已经是囊中之物了。
I did it for the show.
我这是为了咱的节目啊。
Cut the crap Yang Lin.
废话少说。
Here, the confession, sign it, and date it.
这儿,你的认罪书,签字画押。
Don’t do this, Mike.I only did it because I saw other people are doing it!
使不得啊。我这么做纯属因为目睹了他人的不良行径!
Other people?
他人?
More than one person is doing it?!
还有其他人也偷钱?!
Wait a second.If I can find out who they are.
哎,不对。如果我能找出“他人”是谁。
I can blackmail them down the road.
我以后就能勒索他们了。
I’ll never be the pushover of this team again!
再也不当那个受气包!
This is what I’ll do for you.
这样吧。
You tell me who these “other people” are, you’re scot-free.
你告诉我谁是“其他人”,你就可以逃脱惩罚。
But I’m a woman of principles,Mike.
Mike,我是个有原则的人。
I can’t betray my friends.
不能出卖朋友啊。
Well, I mean if you don’t mind having Kevin known that you have sticky fingers.
随你吧,如果你不介意Kevin知道你手脚不干净的话。
It’s not my fault.
那就不是我的错了。
Hold on, Mike.Take a seat, let’s talk about this.
别别。坐坐,咱们再谈谈。
I got two other people who are doing it, they both got something on me.
我知道还有另外两个罪犯,但是他们都有我的把柄。
Actually, they both got something on us.
其实,他们都有我们的把柄。
Whatever, I’m an open book.I have nothing to hide.
什么嘛!我可是坦荡荡。完全没有见不得人的。
Or…do I?I’m listening.
应该是这样没错吧?我听着呢。
Once is Chenxing.I once saw her taking the money from the jar to get chips.
一个是晨星。我有次看见她偷钱买薯片。
Hey Xing.Hey what’s up?
哈喽晨星。干嘛呢在?
…Nothing?
没干嘛啊~
what are you doing?
你怎么了?
But she has “The” tape.
不过她有“坏话门”的录像。
Did you hear Kevin slaughter Hotel California?
你听见Kevin狂吼加州旅馆了么?
I couldn’t even listen to it, and the thing is, he didn’t realize it at all.
简直没法听,主要是,他自己跟没事人似的。
Joy of alcohol.
喝高了。
You guys know the mic is on?
你们俩…知道麦克风还开着呢?
Ok, so.Chenxing is out of it.
行吧,那。 晨星侥幸逃脱。
Who else do you have?
还有谁?
The other one is Jeff.I caught him red-handed.
另一个是Jeff。我抓个正着。
Exactly, we can turn him in to Kevin.
我们可以把他供出来。
Not so quick.Remember that transgender costume party that we went to?
还记得那个变装舞会吗,我们一起去的那个?
He got all the pictures.
照片全在他哪儿。
Yeah, definitely not Jeff.But that leaves us with nobody.
肯定不能供出Jeff。那就没人了。
What do we tell Kevin?
我们怎么跟Kevin说呢?
It’s about time that I take responsibility for my own action.
该是我为自己的行为负责的时候了。
I’ll confess to Kevin.
我去跟Kevin坦白。
Yang Lin, no.I can’t let you do this.
杨琳,不。我不能让你这样做。
You are the star of the show.
你是我们节目的卖点啊。
But there’s no way.
可咱们穷途末路了啊。
Kevin owns me a favor.
Kevin欠我个人情。
I’ll take the blame.
我去。
No Mike. I can’t let you do this.
不Mike。我不能让你这样做。我不能。
I’m not doing it for you, Yang Lin.I’m taking this one for the team.
我不是为了你,杨琳。我是为了整个组。
But Mike! I just can’t…
但是…我不能…
He bought it hook, line and sinker.
他完全上钩了。
You just have to play the right card.
你只要出对牌就行了。
Aww…do you feel sorry for me?Well, don’t.
同情我吗? 完全不必。
Because I have this.I think my promotion is pretty much a set deal.
因为我有这个。我升职基本已经定了。
RECAP
花絮
Right-hand man
得力助手;左膀右臂
You can’t leave the company. You’re my right-hand man.
你可不能离开公司,你是我的二把手。
Give it to someone straight
直说(非正式的口语说法)
A: I have some news about your grandma. You might want to sit down.
A:你奶奶的情况有些变化。你最好先坐下。
B: Just give it to me straight. How bad is her condition?
B:跟我直说吧。她情况到底有多糟?
Burst someone’s bubble
打碎某人的幻想
I hate to burst your bubble, but with this year’s budget, a raise is out of the picture.
我不想泼你冷水,但是根据今年的预算来看,想涨工资是不可能了。
Scot-free
逃脱惩罚(本该负责,但是逃脱了惩罚)
You need to trust the legal system. They won’t let any criminals get off scot-free.
你要相信法律体系。他们是不会让任何罪犯逃脱惩罚的。
Catch someone red-handed
当场抓获,抓个正着
The bank robbers were caught red-handed by the police.
抢银行的人作案时被警察逮个正着。

点击加载更多

上一篇: null

下一篇: 教皇首次外访改变教会观点

评论

64x64