爱揩油的人 分享到:
The moocher 2013-08-2033351

双击原文单词查看解释

Holalalala…Recording time!
录音啦!
You OK? What’s with the long face?
你咋啦?拉着脸干嘛呦!
You know my friend Donny?He lost his job.
你知道我朋友Donny吧?他丢了饭碗。
So I’ve been letting him sleep on my couch until he get back on his feet.
所以我让他先住在我家客厅知道他缓过来。
That’s really nice of you.A friend in need is a friend indeed.
你真够哥们的!雪中送炭的才是真朋友啊。
Except this friend is about to be broke!
但是这个朋友就快破产了!
He wouldn’t even get off the couch.He wouldn’t even find a job.
他成天赖在沙发上。也不找工作。
He just sits there and veges all day long.
他就成天坐在那,动都不动。
I mean, he just lost his job.He probably needs some time to recover.You know?
他才丢了工作。他需要点恢复的时间。你滴明白?
For 3 months?
3个月?
And the worst part is THE WORST PART the moocher has the never to be like Hey Mike, we are out of milk.
最让我受不了的是爱揩油的人竟然有种说Mike,牛奶没了。
Dude, we are out of peanut butter.
没花生酱了。
What am I? The freaking grocery store?
当我是什么?超市啊?
Gosh, I have no idea how you put up with that.
无法想象你怎么忍啊。
I don’t either.But you know what? It doesn’t matter.
我自己也不知道。不过,现在都不重要了。
Because I got him an interview.Today with central news.
因为我给他找了个面试。就是今天,跟新闻部。
Woo, fancy!Speaking of the devil.
喔,厉害喽!说曹操曹操到。
Oh dude, you forgot to take out the trash this morning.The apartment reeks.
哥们,你今天早晨忘扔垃圾了。公寓臭烘烘的。
What…do you think you are wearing?
你这是穿什么呢?
I’m here for that fancy interview you got me.
不是你让我去那个重要面试的么。
Hey Donny.
嗨Donny。
Oh hey Lin.
哈喽杨琳。
Don’t you think a suit and a tie would be more appropriate?
你不觉得西装和领带会更合适点?
Come on, this is who I am.What do you think, I am a desk jockey.
这是真我本色啊。你不会觉得我是个坐办公室的人。
OK…If you want the job you have to dress the part.
行吧。你想得到这份工作就得穿得得体啊。
Seriously! Come on!Go put something suitable on.
认真点!去穿点合时宜的衣服。
Dude, relax. I got this.
哥们,放轻松。我能搞定。
It’s time for an office makeover.
改变造型时间到!
Right here, right now. OK?
就在这儿,说干就干。
Mike, come with me.Donny, sit! Sit tight! I’m gonna kill him.
跟我来。Donny,坐!坐好!真想杀了他。
Breathe, Breathe, we will be right back.
深呼吸,深呼吸,我们就回来。
I’m here for the interview. And hello?
我是来面试的。喂?喂?
微博,没有新粉丝 。哎,陌陌!都是小学生!
微博,没有新粉丝 。哎,陌陌!都是小学生!
All woman’s. This works.
全是女装。这个行!
English Off-the-Mic.
美语怎么说(试图进入内网)
Here, turn around.
转过来。
Where have you guys been?
你们去哪儿啦?
Time to practice for your interview.Focus here!
来准备下面试问题。注意了!
What do you say when they ask you what your biggest weakness is?
如果他们问你这个你该怎么回答,你最大的弱点是什么?
I’m not that good at time management.
我时间观念不强。
Oh my… NO!!!What you tell them is that you are a workaholic who’s probably too hard on himself, and is a perfectionist.
全错!你得说你是个工作狂,对自己要求过于严格,是个完美主义者。
Again, workaholic, too hard on himself, perfectionist, are you with me?
听好了,工作狂,对自己要求严格,完美主义者,明白了吗?
Perfectionist!You got that?
完美主义者!都记好了?
Got it, got it.
记好了,记好了。
What do you do when they ask you what you bring to the company?
他们问你这个问题你该怎么回答,你能给公司带来什么?
Well, I know the ins and outs of every cartoon character ever made.
我知道各个方面所有卡通人物。
NO!What you say is that you bring a team-work effort, a wealth of work experience and a dedication to getting things right.
又全错!你得说你能带来团队合作精神,很多工作经验和对于成功的执着。
OK, wealth…of experience.
好,一大堆…经验。
Right!OK, follow me, follow me.
对了!听好,听好。
What do you say when they ask you where you see yourself in ten years?
他们问你这个的时候你怎么回答,你对自己的10年规划是什么?
I don’t know!Oh my!!!
我不知道!神马状况嘛?!
No, what you say is you see yourself at the company in a managerial position spearheading projects that better accompolish the company’s goals.
你得说10年后你会在公司做到管理职位,推动各种项目,帮助公司更好地达到目标。
Alright, what do you think?What do you think?You need to shave.
好了,你觉得怎么样?怎么样哦!得刮胡子。
NO NO NO NO…Barbasol, razor, get it done.Not my man beard.
不要不要不要。Barbasol(一种便宜的剃须膏),刮胡刀,去!不要刮我的男人胡!
Why do you guys even have this stuff?
你们俩从哪搞来这些东西的?
You don’t want to know.
你还是不知道的好。
Pants, shoes, go shave, put your pants on. Put your shoes on.Go go go go!
裤子,鞋子。去刮胡子,换裤子。穿鞋子。去去去去!
I have a bad feeling about this.I think we did a pretty good job.
我有种不祥的预感。我觉得咱们给他整的挺好的。
Alright, thank you very much.It was a pleasure.
谢谢您!真是我的荣幸。
No, thank you very much.Alright, bye bye!
不,谢谢您才对!再见!
So, how did go?
怎么样?
Meh, the lady said I wasn’t really what they are looking for.
那个女士说我不是他们要找的人。
It’s OK, there’s gonna be other opportunities.
嗯,还有别的机会嘛。
It’s no big deal.They actually offered me a job in a different position anyways.
没什么大不了的。他们给我提供了另一个职位。
What? Dude! That’s awesome news!
什么?哥们!太好了!
That’s right.starting Monday, I’m gonna be the new China Branch contractor coordinator.
嗯嗯,星期一开始,我就是新的中文部合同工协调员。
Contractor coordinator?But that means you are my…
合同工协调员?那你不就成了我的...
That’s right. I’m your new boss.
是的,我就是你的新领导。
Anyways, gotta run, have a 2:30, lots of stuff to do before Monday.
好吧,我得走了,2点半有事。周一前要干的事太多了。
By the way, pick up some chicken wings on the way home, we are gonna celebrate tonight.
对了,回家的时候买点鸡翅,今晚咱们得庆祝啊。
Oh and…we are gonna need more milk.I used up all the cereal as well.
哦还有…还得要点牛奶。希瑞尔我也吃完了。
Anyways, gotta run, catch up later.Bye bye!
成吧,走啦,回头聊。拜拜!
苍天啊!
苍天啊!
RECAP
花絮
Be back on one’s feet
完全恢复,缓过来
I can’t afford a new car right now. I’ll have to wait until I get a new job and get back on my feet.
我现在可买不了新车。我得等我重新找到工作,缓过来再说。
Moocher
爱揩油的人
My roommate is such a moocher! She keeps taking my food from the fridge without asking me frist!
我室友真是个寄生虫!她老是不问我就随便吃我的东西!
Desk jockey
坐办公室的人
I didn’t take the secretary job because I don’t want to be a desk jockey.
我没接受那份秘书的工作,因为我不想一直坐办公室。
Ins and outs
各个方面,详细内容
You should find out the ins and outs of this job first, and then decide whether you are going to take it.
你应该去了解这份工作的具体内容,然后再决定是否接受。

点击加载更多

上一篇: 华盛顿一周:关注经济、医疗改革

下一篇: null

评论

64x64