乐观者 分享到:
Optimistist 2013-09-2647137

双击原文单词查看解释

OK guys, let’s talk about the show.
好的,咱们现在来谈谈节目。
We’re on the right track acting skills getting much better, production time cut in half.
我们的方向是对的,演技有很大的提高,制作时间缩短了一半。
So overall, great job.Here comes the big "but".
总体来说,非常好。“但是”来了。
However, there’s always room for improvement.
不过咧,总还有提升空间。
I was watching the last few episodes, the show seems to have plateaued a bit, the writing is bit plain, just spice it up.
我看了看最新的几期,觉得咱们节目有点进入停滞期,写的稿子也有点平淡,得写得更精彩点。
We’re on the right track though.
我们的方向是对的。
We just need to take it up a notch.
只是要更上一层楼。
Kevin is not satisfied with our work.
不满意我们的工作。
You don’t think he’s going to cancel the show, do you?
他不会要取消咱们的节目吧?
What? Who gave you that idea? didn’t you hear what Kevin just said?
什么?谁告诉你的?你没听见Kevin刚才说的吗?
He said we are on the right track. Acting skills improving.
他说我们方向很对。演技大提高。
Everything is getting better. Fan base is growing. And wu have lots of fans!
一切都很好。粉丝变多。我们有好多好多粉丝!
Yes! It’s time to renew our contract.I sense a big raise coming our way.
太好了!是时候签新合同了。我觉得肯定得给咱们大涨工资。
Stop dreaming, sister. His emphasis was on "the things to improve".
做梦吧你!他的重点是“需要改进”。
He said there’s much to be desired.
他说还有很多要做的。
There’s always room for improvement.Our show has gone hollow.
总还是有进步的空间。我们的节目太空了。
We need to think outside the box.
我们得跳出条条框框。
And my writing…
而且我写的稿子…
Your writing is a little…plain(lame).
你写的稿子有点…平(烂)。
That’s management’s way of telling us we are not meeting their expectations.
这就是管理层,我们没达到他们的预期。
You’re such a worrywart, Mike.
你太杞人忧天了。
Why do you always have to see the glass half empty.
为什么老是悲观。
Kevin just told us that our show is at a bottleneck that we’re out of juice.
Kevin才说了咱们的节目遇到了瓶颈,我们没什么创意了。
I don’t know, is that…serious to you at all? You’re overthinking this.
这难道听起来不严重吗?你又多想了。
I’ve been reading this book. It is mind-blowing.
我正在读这本书。这实在震撼人心的。
What? There’re no good men left in the world?
什么?这个世界上没有好男人了?
That’s not the point. Are you trying to tell me something?
这不是重点。你是在向我暗示什么吗?
Do you always feel that other people are picking on you?
你是不是老觉得别人在欺负你?
Yes, because they are. It’s because you are always frowning.
没错,因为他们就是老欺负我。这是因为你老在皱眉头!
See, see the wrinkles here? It draws negative energy into your mind.
看,看见这些皱纹了没有?这会把负能量带到你思想里。
Smile more, frown less. Try smile more, frown less.
多笑笑,少皱眉!多笑笑,少皱眉!
When we’re smiling, we are creating this happy stimulating environment into our body that draws others in.
当我们笑的时候,我们创造了一个愉悦的鼓舞人心的气氛,吸引别人来到你的周围。
It makes the toughest day surmountable.
这能让你度过最困难的时刻。
Stop circling me, you are making me dizzy.
别转了,我快晕死了。
Ok, this is what you have to do. Smile!
好,你得这样…笑!
Don’t you feel better this way? Happy now?
现在是不是感觉好多了?高兴吧?
Hello! Hey Mike, it’s Kevin.
你好!Mike,是我Kevin。
Oh hey Kevin. Hey listen, when does your contract end?
嗨Kevin。你的合同什么时候到期?
Next, next Monday. Ok, great, thanks.
下,下礼拜一。好滴,谢啦。
Bye…Great. Kevin just asked when my contract is due.
拜拜…得了。问我我的合同什么时候到期。
Ok, you are doing it again.
你又来了。
Game over! Everybody’s contract is due these days.
玩儿完了!很多人的合同都要到期了。
Mine is due. I do appreciate your ability to see the silver lining.
我的也要到期了。我很欣赏你能看到一线希望。
But that’s not gonna keep me from…
但这不能…
Hey you guys. I just realized that we never get lunch together.
嗨大家好。我忽然想到咱们从来没一块吃过午饭。
Do you guys wanna grab a bite to eat this week?
你们想不想这周一块去吃点东西?
YES!!! Lunch with the cutest guy in the building?
想!!!跟全楼最帅的帅哥一块吃午饭!
Wait…Dan never goes out to lunch with anyone.
等会…Dan从来不跟别人一块吃饭。
Ok…Hmm where were you thinking of going?
好…你想去哪儿?
Ok. Cool. How about the sandwich shop on Friday?
好。星期五去吃三明治吧?
Friday?lunch?Everybody knows what Friday lunch means.
星期五?午饭?大家都知道星期五午饭是什么意思。
Yeah, yeah! We…we can do that.
好好!就这样吧。
Just give me your email address and I’ll get back to you guys later with the details.
给我你的电邮,咱们再详细呦。
Ok! Cool! Sounds good! Did Dan just ask me out?
好!就这么定了!Dan约我出去!!
You need to get your hearing checked.
你得查查听力。
Friday, personal email? That equals goodbye lunch as in byebye.
星期五,个人邮箱?直接等于散伙饭,就是拜拜。
Never see you again! I am so screwed.
永远不再见喽!我完蛋了。
You really need a confidence booster.
你确实得培养点信心。
Repeat after me. I am handsome.
跟我读。我很帅。
I am handsome.
我很帅。
Louder! Say it like you believe it!
大声点!充满底气!
I am handsome.
我是帅哥。
Good! That’s the spirit!
很好!就是这个劲儿!
I am ripped!
我是肌肉男!
Good! That’s what we’re talking about!
好!就是这个意思!
Everybody loves me!
大家都爱我!
Yeah…yeah! Everybody loves me!
嗯…对!大家都爱我!
Good! I am rich!
很好!我是有钱人!
I am…not rich. I’m so not rich.
我不是有钱人…我不是有钱人。
Sorry to interrupt. Here’s your new contract.
打扰了。这是你的新合同。
Son, you are head and sholders above regarding performance.
你远远超出其他人的表现。
So, despite the fact that it’s a tight budget year.
所以,尽管今年预算很紧。
I got you a raise.
我还是给你涨了工资。
Really?
真的?
What about me, Kevin? What about me?
我呢?我呢?
well, ugh…it’s a tight budget year. There might be some personnel changes.
呃…今年预算很紧啊。可能有些人事变动。
I’ll get back to you. Good job man!
我回头再跟你说。干得不错!
Personnel changes? Aww…Yang Lin!Does that mean…?
人事变动?嗷…杨琳。不会是说…?
It doesn’t mean anything. Now just say after me.
不会有什么意思的。现在跟我说。
I’m not gonna get fired!I’m not gonna get fired…Oh you are so getting fired.
我不会被炒鱿鱼的!我不会被炒鱿鱼的…你肯定会被炒的。
RECAP
花絮
Take it up a notch
更上一层楼
This project is already quite amazing. But let’s take it up a notch and make it perfect!
这个项目已经做得很不错了。不过咱们更上一层楼,把它做得更完美!
See the glass half empty
悲观
A lot of employees are not satisfied with how the CEO runs the company. They see the glass half empty when it comes to the future of the company.
很多雇员对CEO的管理方式感到不满,他们对公司的未来感到悲观。
Mind-blowing
震撼人心的,令人惊奇的
The new iPhone doesn’t have the mind-blowing effect as previous versions did.
最新的iPhone不像原来的版本那样让人耳目一新。
Silver lining
不幸或失望中的一线希望
Most economists found a silver lining in today’s labor report.
很多经济学家在今天的劳工报告中看到了一线希望。
Head and sholders above
远远超出
Apple used to be head and shoulders above its competitors. But that is not the case anymore.
苹果公司曾经远远超过它的竞争对手。不过现在情况大不一样了。

点击加载更多