为创意梦想筹钱的网站 分享到:
Kickstarter 2013-11-0426209

双击原文单词查看解释

What are you doing?
干啥呢?
Are you asking for money from your parents again?
你是不是又在向你爸妈要钱啦?
No, not from my parents. From strangers.
当然不是!不是问我爸妈。问陌生人要。
Kat and I are talking about going to Hawaii for vacation.
Kat和我在商量去夏威夷度假。
We’ve always dreamed of going to Hawaii. But my credit card…
我们一直都特别想去夏威夷。不过我的信用卡吧。
Let’s say it trembles with fear when I buy a simple cup of coffee.
每次我买杯小咖啡它就直哆嗦。
You are doing a kickstarter!
你在弄kickstarter!
Kickstarter is a funding platform for creative ideas.
Kickstarter是一个为创意梦想筹钱的网站。
Basically, you come up with an idea you create a video, and get other people to give you money.
你想一个点子,做个视频解释,然后让其他人给你捐钱。
I’d like to think of myself as an expert. Actually, I’d love to pick your brain.
我觉得我在这方面特有想法。我想征求你的看法。
I’ve been putting this video up for 3 days, but no one is biting!
我这视频都上线3天了,但没人给我钱啊!
Well…what’s your theme?
你的主题是什么?
I claimed I’m going to study the food and entertainment culture of Hawaiian people.
我说我要去研究夏威夷人民的美食和娱乐文化。
Look at all these footage! I got no idea why no one is donating to me!
看看这画面!完全不知道为什么没人给我捐钱。
Well, not everybody is like you and thinks about food every 10 seconds.
不是每个人都像你一样嘴巴不停。
Food, it just…it doesn’t have any spice. You need something original.
食物…它没有有意思的事情。你得来点原创的。
Like…a music playing banana, or an ape trained as a hibachi chef!
比如说…一个香蕉mp3,或者能当铁板烧厨师的大猩猩。
And where exactly am I going to find this culinary genius of an ape?
那请问您我到哪去找这个天才猩猩厨师呢?
Listen, I don’t care what the topic is as long as it gets me money.
听着有钱就行。
Dollars, buckaroos, buddy! What if…you did hula dancing?
美刀,银子,哥们!
I’m sure there are tons of guys that would love to see you dance!
如果…你去跳草裙舞怎么样?肯定有好多男的想看你跳舞。
Boring! There’s already hundreds of videos about hula dance on the website!
无聊!已经有几百个关于草裙舞的视频了。
Give me something better. What if you did photography on one of the Hawaiin beaches?
来点有意思的。哎,去夏威夷海滩摄影如何?
There are a couple of nude beaches. Whose scenery…is exquisite.
那有一些裸体海滩。景色…迷死人了。
Yeah Mike. Not the scenery I enjoy.
得了吧。我可不喜欢。
Wait…people don’t want to watch educational documentaries.
等会…没人想看教育纪录片。
They want mystery, they want adventure, they want danger.
他们要神秘感,要探险,要命悬一线。
Yang Lin, are you willing to sacrifice everything you hold dear to go to Hawaii?
杨琳,你准备好牺牲一切去夏威夷了吗?
Yes! What are you thinking? Lay it on me.
准备好了!你有什么主意?告诉我吧!
So, my girlfriend told me this story about a vengeful god who lives in a volcano, and anyone who’s in possession of a stone from his mountain.
是这样,我女友讲了个故事,说有个复仇火山神,如果有谁胆敢拿它的石头。
He curses for lifeeeeeeeeee. So you in?
就会生生世世受到诅咒。做不做这个?
Deal! Let’s do this. I don’t want to brag, but my idea was a complete success.
成,就做这个!我实在不想表扬自己,但是我的主意简直就是全胜。
I helped Yanglin make the promotional video for her investigative documentary project, and it hit its funding goal in under a week.
我帮杨琳拍了《火山神深度调查》的推广视频,不到一个礼拜就筹够钱啦!
All she has to do now is take some shaky videos of the volcano, and give periodic video updates to her backers.
她现在只要在火山拍点抖抖的视频,然后定期更新,给捐钱的人看。
What’s going on? Exactly, perfect!
(排练中)(排练中)
What has two thumbs and is great at what he does?
谁有两把刷子干什么都行呢?
This guy! it’s so funny.
就是我啦!太逗了。
Yang Lin finally updated her video blog. Let’s see what she’s got.
杨琳可算更新了。看看她拍了什么。
Guys, guys. I’m at the volcano. This is my travel blog 6.
观众朋友们。我在火山里面。这是旅行日记6。
See, I even got the stones. It’s the stones!
看,我连石头都拿到了。就是那些被诅咒的石头!
Shush. Someone is behind me…behind my back.
嘘!有人在我身后。
He’s breathing…breathing right here to my neck.
我能感受到他的呼吸…就在脖子边上…
Ah…Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
啊啊啊啊啊!!!
Oh my gosh. The thing! It got Yang Lin.
天啊!它把杨琳抓走了。
I got to call Yang Lin. Come on Yang Lin. Pick up the phone, Yang Lin.
我得给杨琳打个电话。快点儿。接啊接啊。
Dang it! It went to voicemail. I need to call the police.
哎呀!进了语音留言。我得给警察打电话。
Yang Lin? Thank goodness you are safe.
杨琳?幸亏你没事。
Get a hold of yourself. What’s wrong?
冷静点。怎么啦?
I thought the evil spirit on the mountain ate you, because you took his rocks.
我以为那个邪恶火山神把你吃了,因为你拿了它的石头。
What? Relax. It’s just some story I make up for my kickstarter backers.
什么?冷静点。那是我故意拿了给捐钱的人看的。
Can’t believe you believe that. You got me good.
没想到你居然信。你吓死我了。
But in all seriousness. You did get rid of those rocks, right?
不过说真的。你把那些石头放回去了,对吧?
Because those things are like hecka cursed!
因为那些石头被深深诅咒。
Cursed? Actually, I brought a bag for you. Feel it? Feel it?
诅咒?我还带了整整一袋给你咧。感觉一下?
Get those away! At least it’s going to be on your desk.
快拿开!那就全放你桌子上吧!
No no no no… Just all of them. That’s real mature.
别别别别…全在这儿啦!太成熟了。
No problem.
表客气。
Thank you, Yang Lin.
谢谢你啊,杨琳。
RECAP
花絮
Pick one’s brain
征求看法
If you got a minute, I’d like to pick your brain about how to approach this project.
如果你有空,我想问问你该怎么处理这个项目。
Spice
有意思的事情
Variety is the spice of life.
生活丰富多彩才有趣嘛!
Lay it on me
告诉我吧
A:This might be a non-conventional approach, so you really should think twice about it first.
A:这个方法比较前卫,你最好想一想再做。
B:Lay it on me. What is it?
B:告诉我吧,什么方法?
Get a hold of yourself
冷静点,控制一下你的情绪
A:OMG OMG OMG! Did you hear that? Did you hear what they said?
A:天啊天啊天啊!你听说了吗?你听到他们说什么了吗?
B:Get a hold of yourself! What on earth are you talking about?
B:冷静点!你到底在说什么?

点击加载更多