新名字 分享到:
New Name 2013-11-1841734

双击原文单词查看解释

What about Emily?
Emily怎么样?
It’s totally a girl next door’s name.
绝对是邻家女孩啊。
Emily stole my boyfriend. I hate that name.
Emily抢了我的男朋友。听到这个名儿就烦。
I have one. Heather.
我知道了,Heather。
Heather is my cat’s name. She’s always in heat.
Heather是我家猫的名字。她老是在发情~(搞什么)
What about Polin?
Polin怎么样?
No, that is not an entertainment show host name.
不行,不像是娱乐节目主播的名字。
Sara is too plain. You want something with spice in it.
太平常了。得起个有个性的名字。
Chatrise. Lemonjello. No…
Chatrise。 Lemonjello。(两人开始犯病)
What about Diana?
Diana怎么样?
she’s dead. No… Yeah, she’s dead.
她都死了。不行...对啊,都死了。
There’s only one Diana dude. You know she lived her life…
这世界上只有一个Diana。你知道她的人生的…
OK, that’s it. We need some new ideas.
行了。咱们需要点新主意。
Kevin, you wanted to see me?
kevin,你找我有事?
Thank god you are here. Please, pull up a chair. We need to pick your brain.
你可算来了。来,搬把椅子。我们想征求你的意见。
My brain?
我的意见?
So, they wanted me to host a new show called U.S. Entertainment Today.
他们想让我主持一个新节目,叫今日美国娱乐快讯。
What? That’s great news. Fit like a glove.
太棒了!非常合适。
But in order to get the position, I need a new English name.
但是要得到这个职位,我就得起一个新英文名字。
And we’ve been at this for 4 HOURS.
我们都讨论了四个小时了。
Just…pick a name! Faith, Destiny. Candy, Sugar…
随便挑一个嘛!Faith, Destiny,Candy, Sugar…
We’ve been through all that. Make a mountain out of a molehill.
这我们都说过了。小题大做。
Why don’t you just pick…Miranda! That’s pretty. Hmm…that’s a nice name!
不如叫…Miranda!多好听啊!哎,好听耶!
No…Yang Lin looks nothing like a Miranda. Miranda have long blond hair.
不行,杨琳看起来一点也不像Miranda。Miranda都是一头金色头发。
They wear jeans and boots all the time, live out in the country and work on a farm. Don’t mess with Texas. Yeehaw!
穿牛仔裤和马靴,住在郊外,在农场上干活儿。别招德克萨斯。
Kevin, you got to stop watching westerns.
Kevin,你得少看点西部电视剧。
Miranda are like…It’s like a professional salsa dancer’s name.
Miranda是…是一个专业salsa舞蹈演员的名字。
Miranda are totally into the latest fashion. They have fiery personalities.
Miranda紧跟时尚潮流。她们性格火辣。
What are YOU looking-at? My sister is the stereotypical Miranda.
看什么看你!我姐姐就是最典型的Miranda。
Oh wait. So people associate names with certain physical and personality traits?
等一下。所以人们会把名字和特定的外貌和人格特征联系起来?
Yeah. I think Christine would fit you really perfectly. That’s a nice name.
没错。我觉得Christine特别适合你。好听好听。
Christine is the complete opposite of Yang Lin.
Christine是完全跟杨琳相反的形象。
A Christine is someone who has lots and lots of ambition, is always professional.
叫Christine的人一般都非常有野心,特别职业。
But also has a punk rocker side.
但是也有摇滚朋克的一面。
Yeah, I have to agree. Christine is a bad fit.
嗯,我同意。 Christine不行。
They are kind of…hmm…control freaks. Ugh…that’s not me. Highstrung.
她们都…是控制狂。我可不那样。神经大条。
Yeah. I still think Jody is the best name that we’ve come up with.
嗯。我还是觉得Jody是咱们想到的最好的名字了。
Nah…do you remember that intern? classic Jody.
不行…你记得那个实习生么?典型的Jody。
She was tall and delicate, blazing her own trail, not comforming to society.
又高尤娇贵,我行我素,完全不理会社会那一套。
See they just can’t see eye to eye. We are helpless.
他们老意见不统一。完了。
OK, I think maybe we just needed a new strategy here.
我觉得我们得来个…新方法。
Here, follow me. Let’s try this instead.
跟我来。咱们这样试试吧。
We will all write down the names that we liked the most. OK?
我们都写下我们最喜欢的名字。好吗?
And Yang Lin will just pick one at random. Yes!
然后让杨琳随便挑一个。好!
No no no…what if I don’t like the name? beggars can’t be choosers.
不行,我要是不喜欢那个名字怎么办?乞丐不能挑肥拣瘦。
We’ve spent way too much time on this already.
我们已经在这上面花了太多时间了。
You guys have to promise you write good names.
你们得保证你们只写好的名字。
No…that’s old!
太老了!
You know Kevin, what we should do is we should blindfold Yang Lin.
Kevin,咱们应该把杨琳的眼睛蒙起来。
And spin her around a couple of times. That’s such a good idea.
再转几圈。好主意。
What is this name? Yang Lin, come here. I need to see this.
这是什么呀都?杨琳,过来。我得看看这个。
One-a-spin-a Two-a-spin-a Three-a-spin-a Now do it.
转一圈,转两圈,转三圈。选吧!
That’s…yeah. Sunshine. Or sunset.
这个…哈。阳光。日落!
Are you guys serious?
不是吧你们。
It has a nice ring to it. It gives you a visual. That fits you perfectly.
我觉得挺好听的。能想象一下那个感觉。太适合你了。
Look at the time. Yeah I got a thing.
哎呀看时间。我得走了。
Seriously? Holy crap.
什么?搞什么搞。
Hello everyone. Welcome to U.S.Entertainment Today.
大家好。欢迎收看今日美国娱乐快讯。
I’m your new host. Sunset Yang.
我是主持人。日落杨。
Now let’s look at our first news package for today.
我们现在来看今天的头条娱乐快讯。
Tha National Zoo’s panda cam is…
国家动物园的熊猫摄像机…
RECAP
花絮
fit like a glove
非常合适
The new jacket fits me like a glove.
我的新夹克非常合身。
With her experience in social media marketing, this position fits her like a glove.
她具有社交媒体的推广经验,非常适合这个职位。
make a mountain out of a molehill
小题大做
You missed the deadline once. You are not going to lose your job. Stop making a mountain out of a molehill.
你就这一次没按时完成工作,不会被炒鱿鱼的。别小题大做了。
Beggars can’t be choosers.
乞丐不能挑肥拣瘦
A:Can I borrow your leather jacket? B:Sure, here you are!
A:借我你的夹克穿穿行吗?B:当然,给!
A:It’s blue. Can you have the black one? B: Beggars can’t be choosers.
A:蓝色的啊?能不能借我那件黑色的?B:求别人就别那么挑三拣四的啦!

点击加载更多