政府关门 分享到:
Shutdown 2013-11-2940086

双击原文单词查看解释

I just heard about the government shutdown.
我刚刚听说政府关门的消息。
And I knew it was going to be bad.
我知道情况肯定不怎么样。
But I didn’t think it was going to be THIS bad.
但没想到糟成这样。
I mean only essential personnel are allowed to be here. Hence, I’m still here.
你想想只有核心工作人员能来上班。所以,我来了。
But, why are you still here Mike?
但是,为什么你还在这大麦?
Er..because come to a standstill without me.
当然是因为我必不可少。
And I’m the only one that can write the morning report.
而且只有我能写早晨的报告。
Uh huh, however you’re gonna to sell it.
随便你怎么说吧。
Yeah. Speaking of which, I should probably go write the morning report.
嗯啊。说起来,我得去写报告了。
Come on, wake up. Are you kidding?
快点,快醒醒。搞什么搞?
I do not have time for this.
我可没时间搞这套。
Guess I’d better call tech services.
还是给修电脑的打电话吧。
All the representatives are busy right now.
所有接线员都正在忙碌…
Oh my gosh. I’m not going to wait 30 minutes. I’ll call Yang Lin.
偶滴个娘。我才不要等30分钟。问问杨琳吧。
Hey Mike, what’s up?
大麦干啥子?
Hey Yang Lin. Do you know what the alternative number to tech services is?
杨琳,你知不知道修电脑的有没有其他电话?
They are not picking up their main line.
他们不接总机。
Oh, all tech support got furloughed during the government shutdown.
哦,他们全被休假了,就政府关门这段时间。
Are you serious? How am I supposed to get my computer fixed now?
搞什么呦!那我找谁修电脑?
Have you tried hitting it with a hammer?
你拿个锤子敲敲呗?
Oh yeah, a lot of help you are. I’ll try something else.
哎呦,就知道你。我问其他人吧。
Just good bye. Oh,I will call Ted, he’ll know.
那就再见再见。Ted!他肯定知道。
Hello? Hey Ted, it’s Mike.
喂?Ted,我是大麦。
I know this is not really your department’s thing. But, can you take a look at my computer?
我知道这不是你们部门的事儿。但你能帮我看一眼电脑么?
It won’t turn on. I’ve got like 2 hours to get this report out.
启动不了。但我有个报告2小时要交。
Sure. But you’ll have to bring it up to me. I can’t leave that unattended.
木问题啊。但你得给我扛上来。我不能不看管这些东西。
My whole desktop computer?
整个主机啊?
Yep. Umm…just give me a couple of minutes. I’ll be right there.
可不!那…等我几分钟吧。我这就上去。
Dude, I’m so sorry. But hauling this thing up 3 flights of steps is a killer.
哥们,对不起啊。但是抱着这东西猛爬累死个人。
Sorry brother, but the word just came down.
没辙了,刚收到通知。
Hold on, come on! I’ll make it worth your while.
别,别啊!我要给你些好处。
That Kesha poster you’ve always wanted it’s yours. I promise.
那张你一直想要的Kesha的海报,给你了。向毛主席宣誓。
Come on, I will even set you up with Yang Lin.
哎呀,不然我撮合撮合你跟杨琳。
She’s not exactly my type, too high maintenance.
她可不是我的菜,太难伺候了。
Seriously, what am I gonna do?
那我怎么办啊?
If I don’t have this report done in 2 hours, my boss is going to use me for a punching bag.
我要是2个小时内写不完这个,我老板肯定拿我当沙袋!
You could try media services downstairs,they sometimes do these kinds of repairs.
试试楼下的媒体中心呢,他们有时候也管修电脑。
Thank you dude, I really appreciate that. Enjoy your furlough!
谢了啊,太感谢了。休假愉快!
I’m really sorry. But I’m in a major rush.
对不起。我赶时间。
I need this thing working in less than an hour.
能不能让这台电脑1小时内修好。
Is there anything you can do to help me?
能帮帮忙吗?
Sure, we can do that for you. I just need for you to fill out a little bit of paperwork.
当然。只需要你填一些表儿。
Thank you, you are a life saver.
谢谢,救命恩人啊!
Just need for you to fill out. Here, here, here ,here and sign it.
只需要填这个。这,这,这,这,这然后签名。
Ok. I’ll also need two forms of government ID.
好。我还需要两种政府部门颁发的证件。
What do you need that for?
要那个干嘛?
To make sure you are who you say you are. We can’t just fix anybody’s computer.
确保你的身份。我们可不是谁的电脑都修。
You are serious? Ok, you know what? I’ve got my driver’s license.
当真?我看看。我有我的驾照。
And…I’ve got my building pass. Will that work?
还有…工作牌行么?行么?
Sure. Oh my gosh.
可以。偶滴娘。
Ok. Now can we get my computer fixed?
好。现在能修电脑了么?
Yep. Here’s your receipt. You can pick it up in three weeks.
当然。收据拿着。3个星期以后来取。
I don’t have three minutes!
我连3分钟都没有!
If I don’t have this thing done, my boss is going to skin me alive.
如果我不能按时交这个报告,我的老板就要严厉惩罚我。
Ok, Ok. No need to get snippy. I can expedite the process.
行,行。不要激动。我可以填个加急。
Ok, how do we do that?
好,需要我做什么?
I just need you to initial here, at the bottom. Here you go.
需要在这签名。好了。
Thank you.
谢谢。
It will be ready in a week.
1个星期后来取。
A week? Maybe I wasn’t clear. I need this done in 5 minutes.
1个星期?是不是我没说清楚。我5分钟后就得用这个电脑。
I’m sorry, but we can’t work that fast.
对不起,我们不可能那么快。
Why? It’s not rocket science.
为什么?!又不是修火箭?
Watch your attitude, young man. This is the government.
注意态度啊,小伙子。这是政府。
We follow procedures.
我们都是按规矩办事。
Oh hey Mike. Ok, put this down. Don’t overact. Calm down.
大麦。放下放下。别冲动。平静。
What is this?
这是什么?
You have a letter. But, Ok. You look so ripped today.
你有一封信。但是吧。你今天看起来真健壮。
Did you grow muscle? Did you lose weight? Look at all these muscles, you are so built.
明显长了很多肌肉嘛!还是瘦了?看看这,相当强壮。
I’ve been furloughed?
我被休假回家啦?
Ok, calm down, think of all the things you can do.
不要冲动!想想休假能干多少你想干的事儿!
This is awesome news! I don’t have to do my report anymore! Yes! laters!
太棒了!我不用写报告了!耶!拜拜!
He took that better than I expected.
他这反应可比我想的好多了!
RECAP
花絮
Come to a standstill
陷入停滞状态
The District of Columbia came to a standstill during the government shutdown.
政府关门期间,整个华盛顿市区都陷入停滞状态。
Leave something unattended
无人看管
Never leave a baby unattended in the bathtub.
婴儿在澡盆里的时候,绝不能离开。
Make it worth someone’s while
使某人受益,贿赂某人
If you give the contract to our company, I guarantee I will make it worth your while.
如果我把合同给我们公司,我保证不让你白干。
Skin someone alive
严厉惩罚
I had a strict curfew when I was little. If I didn’t get home on time, my parents would skin me alive.
我小时候门禁特别严格。要是没按时回家,我爸妈准保严厉惩罚我。

点击加载更多